Lufthansa is well-known among people for being flexible in their rules with travelers, be it for flight cancellations, date changes, or any minor change in their name. The airline ensures that people get the best comfort and assistance when choosing Lufthansa to book their flight and have a memorable experience. However, name correction is an issue that doesn't appear very often with the airline, and since the possession of the ticket is not allowed to get transferred. Lufthansa has laid down some rules under the Lufthansa name change policy that need to be followed by the passengers before they proceed with name correction.
- The passengers traveling with Lufthansa can proceed with the name change only once in any specific way they choose, i.e., online through the website, over the call, or at the airport.
- Travelers can make the name correction only up to two characters combined in their first, middle, or last name without paying any change fee.
- The airline allows changing your nickname into the official name. However, the passengers must pay a fee and submit the necessary documents for confirmation.
- The passengers can also change their surname in case of marriage or divorce by submitting the legal documents to the airline, and they also need to pay the name change fee.
- The middle name can be added and eliminated by paying the name change fee with the airlines.
How can I change my name on Lufthansa?
- Go to lufthansa.com and select the 'Manage Booking' option.
- Enter the six-digit reference code and the passenger's last name to view your flight reservation.
- In the upper right corner, click the 'name change' button. The website can only perform Lufthansa name correction on ticket requests since travelers may only change up to two letters in their first, middle, or last name.
- Fill in the name exactly as it appears on the official travel document. To proceed, click the 'Save' button.
- To proceed with the request, travelers must pay the Lufthansa misspelled name fee and the appropriate fare difference at the checkout page. The ticket would be reissued in either the same or a lower available class.
- Once the purchase is completed, you will get a Lufthansa name change confirmation email.
What fees do I have to pay for a name change on Lufthansa?
The name change fee depends upon the type of flight, route cover, and whether the traveler's required change is minor or significant. However, the average name change fee will start from € 25 and can exceed according to the airline's convenience.
Can I change my name at the airport counter of Lufthansa?
Yes, the airline allows the passengers to proceed with the name change online, over call, and at the airport. Travelers must carry all the necessary documents, including a government-authorized ID proof and marriage and divorce certificate, in case they want to change their surname.
How do I contact Lufthansa customer service for a name change?
Travelers can connect with the customer service agent of the airline by dialing the customer service number +1 (516) 738-4422. The number is allowed by Lufthansa Airlines to request the name change with the airlines from the USA. Travelers can find the customer service number for their region by visiting the official website of the airline.
Read More About:
- Cheapest Weekdays Guide to Book Flight on Qatar Airways
- Southwest Airlines Boise (BOI) Phone Number - Terminal Guide
- ITA Airways Flight Cancellation Terms, | Fees you Pay | Ways
- How do I Communicate with Air France Customer Service Team?
- Eva Air Business Class Upgrade Process | Charges | Terms
- United Airlines Multi City Flight Booking Process & Benefits
- How do I Reach Thai Airways Customer Service For Reservations?
- How to make Contact with Tap Air Portugal Customer Executive?
- American Airlines Multi City Flight Booking & When Can I Book
- Southwest Airlines BHX Airport Birmingham, Alabama Guide