People traveling with Turkish Airlines cannot have the complete name on their flight tickets. However, in case of an error, they are allowed to make the rectification for the same. Still, before that, they must learn the rules and regulations mentioned under the Turkish Airlines name change policy, which is explained here for you as follows.
- Travelers are allowed to correct their name in case they have misspelled it at the time of booking, the full name doesn't appear on the ticket, or there is any legal change in the name after the booking.
- In case of legal change, the passengers often need to correct their surname due to marriage, divorce, or adoption.
- The passengers might have to cancel and rebook their flight ticket if the name change exceeds two characters.
- The spelling correction of up to 2 characters doesn't get considered a major change, and the airlines don't charge any correction fee.
- The name on the passport, flight ticket, and government photo ID must be the same.
How can I change my name on Turkish Airlines?
The most common way to make the name correction in your Turkish Airlines ticket is online through the official website. The steps to make the name correction online are explained in detail below.
- Jump onto Turkish Airlines' official website and click the "Manage Booking" option from the homepage.
- You need to enter the Booking reference code and the passenger's last name to click on the 'Proceed' option and get redirected to the flight details page.
- Once you get to the flight details page, choose the name change option and proceed with the online process of name correction.
- Travelers must also submit a government-authorized ID as proof of their legal name.
- Once the process is complete, you'll be redirected to the payment page, where you must pay the charges for the name correction, if applicable.
- Once the payment is made and the name change is confirmed, you'll receive the confirmation in your registered email.
Can I Change my name on the Turkish Airlines Airport counter?
Yes, travelers can visit the airport from which they must board their flight and correct their names. They need to follow the rules mentioned in the name change policy and provide the agent at the help desk with the necessary information, and they will make the name correction for you.
What charges must I pay for a name change on Turkish Airlines?
Sometimes the name correction leads to cancellation and rebooking of their flight ticket. In these situations, the travelers are bound to pay the necessary incurred charges and the fare difference. On the other hand, any minor correction in the spelling of the name mentioned in your flight ticket might or might not be chargeable.
How can I contact Turkish Airlines customer service for a name change?
Travelers have the option to connect with the representative from the customer service team and ask them for the necessary help and assistance. They need to dial 1-800-874-8875, after which they need to go through the on-call menu, then only the agent will get over the call to provide you with the necessary assistance.
Read More About:
- How do I Communicate with Air France Customer Service Team?
- Eva Air Business Class Upgrade Process | Charges | Terms
- United Airlines Multi City Flight Booking Process & Benefits
- How do I Reach Thai Airways Customer Service For Reservations?
- How to make Contact with Tap Air Portugal Customer Executive?
- American Airlines Multi City Flight Booking & When Can I Book
- Southwest Airlines BHX Airport Birmingham, Alabama Guide
- Southwest Airlines Albuquerque Phone | How to Contact
- All Nippon Airlines 24 Hours Phone Number, Email Details
- How can I Communicate with Royal Air Maroc Live Agent?